DEFINITION OF sunnah ON THE WEB
The following list contains some recommended sites being suggested by google to help readers define Sunnah as to terms. May you also find them useful.
- (Islam) the way of life prescribed as normative for Muslims on the basis of the teachings and practices of Muhammad and interpretations of the Koran
- Sunnah (سنة is an Arabic word that means habit or usual practice . The Muslim usage of this term refers to the sayings and living habits of ...
- The title given to the collection of recorded words and actions of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Most of what he said or did throughout his ...
- The life, practices, and sayings of Muhammad recorded as examples of perfect conduct in society, religion, action, etc. They contain the Hadith.
- the examples of the Prophet's life what he said, did, implemented, how he implemented... Almost the same as the hadith.
- practice and traditions of the Prophet Muhammad
- means custom, habit or way of life. Technically, it refers to the utterances of the Prophet Muhammad other than the Holy Quran. These utterances are known as Hadith, or his personal acts, or sayings of others, tacitly approved by the Prophet.
- (plural, Sunnat) - Very similar to the ahadith, these are collections of rules which were said to be laid down by Mohammed, and by which he lived his life. The ahadith, on the other hand, are narrations about Mohammed's life which provide object examples for Muslims. ...
- It is a collection of the Prophet's sayings and deeds, including his opinions about matters, as well as the practices of his companions. ...
- custom as embodied in hadith literature
- ("Tradition"). Record of the words and deeds of the Prophet. While not the Word of God on a level with the Qur'an, the Sunnah is ...